Re: RE: 318vs360

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 09:47:46 EST

OK... why didn't you guys ask me?? I've had a premagnum V8 (5.2L),
a magnum V8 (5.2L obd-i), and now have 2- magnum v8's (5.9L- RT)...

The 360 has a LOT more grunt than my last 5.2L did, plus all of the mods
I put into my 318 (headers, computer, exhaust, FIPK, H&B Throttle Body,
etc.)
added up to over $1100.... My RT is quicker in the 60' by .4 seconds, and
is
running .3 seconds faster in the 1/4--- From a pulling towing stand point,
I'd
feel the 5.9L will really enjoy the additional 35lbs. of torque-- The jump
experienced from STOCK to modified on my 5.2L made an additional 45 hp,
and 40 ft.lbs... and when I towed my buddy's boat, first stock, then after
mods.
it was a BIG difference...plus better mileage.

Mileage with the 5.9L is noticeable lower than the 5.2L though... somewhere
around 2-3 MPG less.... My best mileage in my RT has been 14.5 (only 3k
on it).... whereas my 5.2L 5 spd--3.90 geared Dakota got 20 mpg. (best,
averaged
16.5 over the lifetime of the truck). The RT actually turns less revs. than
my SLT
did...so the 3.92 gearing isn't THAT bad--- the 5.9L just drinks fuel,
that's all.

Sam '99 RT x 2