RE: 318vs360

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@GSC.GTE.Com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 09:12:13 EST

Bob,
The difference between the 318 and 360 is only around 15hp, and 35lbs. of
torque; not much difference. (I don't remember the gas mileage difference.)
You didn't mention whether you are looking at a 2WD, 4WD, or a std., auto
tranny. I average 18-19mpg with my std. 2WD, and am pleased with the
performance. Of course your mileage is going to depend on your style of
driving, and you can add modifications to either engine to up your
performance.

Guess it really boils down to what you want most. More power, or more
economy. I believe you have your answer in the second sentence of your
post. "Wanted the power, but also decent mpg." You just described the 318.
More power than the V6, better gas mileage that the 360.
Rich - Ashburn, VA