Re: 318vs360

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 09:10:52 EST

The MPG is about the same on the two motors , it's just that in the R/T it
has the 3.92 rear , so at hiway speeds the MPG will really suck compared to
the 3.55 rear that most 318 trucks have .

V6 isn't much better , but hey , gas is 69 cents a gallon around here .

At 09:15 AM 3/8/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Bob H wrote:
>>
>> With this talk about the 360 coming out in non-R/T pkgs on the CC, was
>> wondering if I got the right motor. Wanted the power, but also decent mpg.
>> Is there much diff between the 2 motors? Planning on headers, air filter,
>> and cat backs mainly to help with the mpg. Will I be happy with the 318?
>> Need a little input from you V8 guys/gals out there. And is that rumor or
>> fact that the 360 will be in the CCs for 2000? Think I am getting the order
>> jitters...Input please.
>>
>> Bob Hardt
>> Aiken,SC
>> 99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto
>
>I was told I could order a Dakota cc w/a 360 automatic back in January.
>Air, and heavy, heavy, 19.5K but I have the "not decided(jitters)"
>on the 4x4 option yet.
>If you got the cash for gas, 360/5.9 but the 318/5.2 is fine too.
>I opted the 6 last 2 go rounds. My needs may have changed.

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html