RE: Lift Kits

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 18:29:15 EST

I've already answered the 2WD question...BUT...."PreRunners" (in the
official offroad races) are 2WD..most of the time. I've already clocked over
1000 miles offroad on trails, "nature drives", and some "fun muddin'" as
well. If you have the proper equipment (winch, straps, tires, gears,
etc...) you can easily keep up with almost all of the 4WD's out there.
(Rock Crawling is out of the question...I'd rather buy an old Jeep since
they're still unbeatable for severe trails.

How much did it cost:

Fabtech 3" Lift Kit: $850.00 (Shipping included)
Installation: $300.00 (Ace Offroad/Truck Access. in Austin, TX)
Rims: $585.00 (The OEM rims will NOT fit with the new control arms. The
backspacing required is a maximum of 3.75"...the OEM rims are 5".)

Total Cost...$1735.00 (and about a days work)

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."