RE: Peeling Bumper Paint

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 16:32:09 EST

Unless your truck came from the factory unpainted, I'd make certain they
repainted
my bumper the same color as the truck (for free). Go through the
dispute process
if you have to or just go to a dealer who knows a thing or two about
customer service.

Randy
'98 R/T CC

From: Chris Oertell <coertell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: DML: Peeling bumper paint

I have a '98 sport and I too have a peeling front bumper. I think that
I have a
left over '97 bumper because my truck was made in August of '97 but a
'98 model
year. I went to the dealer and he told me that they would just repaint
my
bumper black because they come from the factory unpainted which I
thought was
bull. So he would repaint my bumper black for free or I can pay $75.00
to get
it painted in Emerald Green. But the real killer is that because they
have to
paint my bumper rather than just put on a new "painted" one they want my
truck
for three days to take it to the paint shop. I might take it to another
dealer
to see what they offer. My warranty is almost up so I need to hurry up.

Chris Oertell
coertell@earthlink.com
Arcadia, Ca
'98 RC V6