Re: RE: Overdrive (in laymen's terms)

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 13:23:27 EST

At 11:27 PM 3/8/99 , you wrote:

>So what does it mean when it doesn't disengage? I had to push harder and
>harder to make it disengage, and now I have to floor it and it will just
>change gears, but OD stays on! Does this mean I will need a new OD? How
>much will that cost me? I'm looking in my crystal ball, and I see a loss of
>cash here. :-(

Your transmission downshifts but the OD stays engaged? I don't think you
need a crystal ball to see a loss of cash. For whatever reason, your torque
converter is not unlocking when it should. I would expect at least a
complete transmission overhaul. At least you'll be ready for the shock
(emotionally if not financially) and will be pleasantly surprised if it
turns out to be less than that. No "carriage bolts in the tranny" jokes
this time, This ain't funny.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Where is it written that the fun and games
have to stop just because someone loses an eye?