Re: Water in the intake?

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 13:53:55 EST

It's never happened to me. IMHO, if it's past the bottom of the door it's too
deep. But hey, that's just me. That's what rental jeeps are for. As for you,
if you get a solid slug of water in your intake you
will cause major damage to your engine. With a stock intake system, you're
pretty safe. It pulls air from the fender well, so you would have to be in
water 3-4 ft. deep before it got water. Splashing is not a problem either as
the fender and fender liner would act as splash shields.
Ram air intakes on the other hand, could be taken out by a good splash to the
front. Open elements are higher up than either.
Your should worry about your electric stuff more than the air intake.

Dr. Pat