Water in the intake?

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 21:31:03 EST

.

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever gotten water or mud in their air intake
(especially the mudfooters among us). The reason I'm asking is that we're
planning on taking our '98 on a trail ride in a few weeks. I was looking at
the pics of the same trail on the last two years, and they get into some
pretty good puddles. (http://www.co4x4.com/tim/gallery.html, Swiftrapids
'97 and '98.)

I know the intake is designed to pull in cool outside air. I'm wondering if
it's in a spot where it's going to pull in water instead?

Thanks.

Jason Bleazard
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd