RE: OD Problems....help!

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 10:36:23 EST

Robert,
You need to verify the adjustment of your TV cable! Its the cable on the
right side of the TB that runs towards the firewall. With the TB @ the idle
stop (normal posistion when your out of the truck and not pressing on the
gas) remove the TV cable connector from the TB levers stud and verify that
the connector is in alignment with the stud (+/- about 1mm) if not, you need
to adjust the cable to make it so! Im not sure about the earliwer trucks
adjusters, but on the 97-99 you remove the white clip on the cable housing
(its a snap fit) and just move the cable forward or backwards until its
aligned! The snap over clip makes up one half of a threaded nut, so when
its unclipped, the nut isnt engaged on the cable housing threads... Sounds
funny, but once you check it out its a piece of cake... I hope your truck
is that way too??
BKB