Stainless mufflers?

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 10 1999 - 20:59:28 EST

I soon would like to purchase a new muffler. I like the sound of Flowmasters
but, am a little afraid of them rusting out quickly. Can anyone suggest a good
DEEP sounding stainless muffler...I want my truck to look stock so I am not
interested in duals or out the back tail pipes and also want the same "center
in, off-set out" design as I may install it myself. I am also thinking of
going with 3" out of the cat so I'd need a 3" in and 3" out... I'd like to be
able to use the factory tailpipe by cutting off the 2 1/2" section that it
begins with so I have a true 3" cat back exhaust. In the future I plan on
buying the stainless Eidelbrock headers and y-pipe and porting my throttle
body. I know this subject has been beaten up pretty bad so if anyone can
suggest a good stainless muffler...could you please e-mail me personally.
Thanks
Charles Smith
99 Dakota R/T