Re: Made for You Looms - help!

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 20:33:46 EST

Rich, I have those looms. I've had mine on with the Doug Thorley headers
since last august with no deterioration that I can see. My headers are
ceramic coated so that helps a little with the heat. Maybe I overlooked
that warning on my package (this is the first I've heard about it) but I
never worried about heat. I'd say that if you have sufficient clearance
from the header they will be ok -- at least for 7 months I know.

BTW do you have the stock valve covers or do you have the mopar aluminum
ones? If you have the mopar ones you will have to cut down the loom blocks
(the part that the stud goes through) by about 1/8th of an inch or so.
Easily done with a hacksaw... With the stock covers they work right out of
the box.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I hope you will be able to use
these looms, I'm sure you will love them as much as I do.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html