Re: Re: OD Problems....help!

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 15:08:14 EST

Well you can find the cable on the passenger side of the throttle body. It
will run from the TB back and down to the tranny. There is a square plastic
thing the cable runs through (right at the TB end of it). If you push in on
this piece you will see that it is actually a sort of button. Push it in
and you can slide the cable back and forth. It usually clicks as you move
it but mine sometimes doesn't, just have to have the right ammount of
pressure on the button i gues... Try moving it a few clicks to the rear.
Drive around and see if it made any difference. If it makes it worse, try
the other way. You might want to mark the cable before you play with it so
you will be able to put it back where you started from. Also -- this just
occured to me -- check and make sure the cable is intact and not broken or
disconnected. I drove mine with it disconnected once and it kinda acted
like yours is doing.

But definately change that fluid and filter.... ;-)

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html