Re: Changing Tranny Fluid

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 19:00:47 EST

<< Two questions: Will any old tranny fluid work? Dexron III or ATF+3??
 What should I use?
 Can I get a filter at Auto Zone? Is there some special filter I should
 be using? >>

Good question.....I plan on changing the fluid/filter soon also. I was
thinking about swapping in some synthetic ATF this time; I know it just has to
be 7176 compliant. In my manual, it says when dropping the tranny pan I will
only need 4 quarts of ATF, can anyone confirm this measurement?? I know more
is in the torque convertor/tranny lines/ cooler lines, etc.; Just need to make
sure 4 quarts will bring the level back up. I do have on order B&M's Tranny
Pan Drain Plug kit; it's only $7.50.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6