Re: Re: Changing Tranny Fluid

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 19:27:00 EST

That may be true for your transmission... I have a 46RE in a 4x4 Ram 1500...
mine took 6.5 quarts when I dropped the pan and replaced the filter....

I think the v6 uses a 44RH... I'm not sure exactly which was used in '93...
my manual did not state how much I would need, just that total capacity was
11 quarts.

I found a place that had better price by the case... then the cashier tried
to ring it up by the quart price... I corrected her, and she misunderstood
by $0.10... (I pointed it out, she didn't care, and I got a case of
Valvoline 7176+ ATF for under $18...

It's hard to find synthetic 7176+ ATF... I think Redline makes one, and
maybe Amsoil... but I just decided to get what I could find local...

Gary Shook