ANYONE- '87 Dak info -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 20:05:58 EST

1600 is a pretty good price, I paid 6k for my 88 (in 95 w/only 60k on it) In
87 they were carbed, but that's not necessarilly a bad thing (more perf.
parts available). Mine has done me no wrong and it's got 128k on it. I'm
also lookin' to swap in a tach... lemme know what you come up with =)

-mike d.

>>> Michael Carlson <titanicman28@hotmail.com> 03/09/99 03:45pm >>>
Hi All!
Just have a few questions to ask. I found a 1987 Dakota 4x4 in the want

ads today. I'm looking into it intensely, but want to know a few things
first. Here they are:

1. They want $1600- is this a good price???
2. How reliable was this model year?? Are they good trucks?
3. It has the V6- were they fuel injected or carboureted this year??
4. How easy is it to swap gauges in and out?? I want a tachometer, but
don't think it has one. I'd also like to put in a killer sound system,
depending on how easy it is. Please reply privately to
titanicman28@hotmail.com

Once again, hope someone knows!!!
Michael C.

>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 19:03:57 -0500 (EST)
>From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net (DML Digest)
>To: dakota-truck-digest@buffnet4.buffnet.net
>Subject: DML Digest V4 #418
>
>DML Digest Sunday, March 7 1999 Volume 04 :
Number 418

>The subjects discussed in this digest are:
>==========
>DML: Foxwoods
>Re: DML: designing new daks
>DML: High idle w/new TB
>DML: Re: Gas Mileage Attn: Sam P.
>Re: DML: designing new daks
>RE: Re[2]: DML: Foxwoods: Yeas and Nays
>Re: DML: Foxwoods
>DML: Re: RE: RAM-AIR INTAKE
>Re: DML: Mike Leach SBEC / Hypertech
>Re: DML: Vibration at high speeds
>DML: Re: High idle w/new TB
>Re: DML: Vibration at high speeds
>Re: Re[2]: DML: Foxwoods: Yeas and Nays
>Re: DML: Vibration at high speeds
>Re: DML: Vibration at high speeds Attn Chris T.
>DML: 6pack hood scoop
>DML: 1987 red express dakota??
>DML: 318vs360
>DML: RE: DML Digest V4 #417
>Re: DML: 318vs360
>Re: DML: Power Window Question
>DML: '97 Grand Cherokee Radiator Hose
>DML: RE: Re: RE: RAM-AIR INTAKE
>RE: DML: Mike Leach SBEC / Hypertech
>DML: Thermostat Questions

>Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 13:21:08 -0500
>From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
>Subject: DML: Foxwoods
>
>Hey Guys, I more guy confirmed this morning. Six so far, I think more
>guys will confirm soon.
>My wife said she'd like to come. (whata switch!).... But she won't
leave
>the kids alone over night. (We do have a 21 yr old and a 16 yr old, but
>she considers leaving the little ones with them the same as alone!)
>We'll stay for the day, and leave that night when things die down.
>If she decides not to go, I'll stay over. But since she wants to come I
>don't want to discourage her. Its rare she does this kinda stuff.
>Are the rest of you guys bringing the other half?
>Do you think the day should be planned? Hows this sound.
>Would a 11:00 meeting time work?
>Check out the trucks for an hour or so
>Hit some place for lunch, shoot the shit.
>Hit the slots, go our own ways or how ever it works out.
>Maybe meet for dinner (for those who would like to)
>Head back home. (some may stay)
>What do you think?
>Those who would like to stay over can make there own arrangements.
If

Boog318@aol.com
>writes:
>
><< This H.O. 4.7, are they just putting a blower on it? Do you know if
the
>2000
> Dak R/C is gonna have the 360 option? I see the quad cab will.
> TTYL >>
> No blower, just making slight mods from what I hear. Im not sure on
the 360
>in a regular Dak though.
>
>How do I fix the cropped letters?
>Eric
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:26:20 -0800
>From: dakota_5sp_v8 <Dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com>
>Subject: DML: High idle w/new TB
>
>Bought a new TB and had it bored .100 over and polished. After putting
it on
>the idle is now anywhere from 750 to 950. It seems like the choke is on
or
>something. It used to be right at 600rpms. Its been through about 5
cycles
>and 50 miles (turn on, drive & turn off) Any ideas on how to resolve
the
>problem? I thought about adjusting the screw so the linkage closes
more.
>On a better note, I barley touch the gas and it goes! My burnout
patches are
>a tad bit longer and buttdyno reads a small increase. Before installing
the
>TB my truck was dynod at 180hp. I plan on going back next weekend
for 2
more
>pulls to chart the increase. I spent 220 for the machine work, new
>butterflies and polish job plus 275 for the new TB from the dealer. I
will
>determine if I spent too much after the dyno results next weekend.
BTW,
>paid 55 for 2 pulls on a DynoJet at a place called Austin Pro-Max in
>Seattle, WA. What's the going rate? Another place wanted 75 for 2
pulls.

>Joel
>
>http://www.zracer.com/dakota.htm
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 11:30:23 PST
>From: FastAss Dak <fastassdak@hotmail.com>
>Subject: DML: Re: Gas Mileage Attn: Sam P.
>
>>If it has been posted previously, isn't it already IN the
>>archives? Alan
>S.
>

>The original mail is in the archives, but the attachment didnt make it.

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 15:18:53 EST
>From: Boog318@aol.com
>Subject: Re: DML: designing new daks
>
>Hmmm
>When you highlight a prev. e-mail then everything comes up. The last
one I
>read from you had the top part cut off and you didnt have a prev. post
>highlighted. Maybe its just a fluke.
>It seems to make sense that they will offer the 360 in the standard Dak
if its
>in the non R/T quad. I guess it could be only offered in the R/T and
the quad
>cab being that the quad. has a bigger payload potential.
>Just wondering if you knew of any inside info. C'mon, we wont tell
>anybody...:0).
>Boog
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 15:33:33 -0500
>From: The Man From Utopia <tmfu@home.com>
>Subject: RE: Re[2]: DML: Foxwoods: Yeas and Nays
>
>> Hey Tom, Unless I've missed some posts, the guys who have
confirmed
for

_________________________________
>Subject: DML: Foxwoods
>Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
>Date: 3/7/99 1:21 PM
>

>Hey Guys, I more guy confirmed this morning. Six so far, I think more
>guys will confirm soon.
>My wife said she'd like to come. (whata switch!).... But she won't
leave
>the kids alone over night. (We do have a 21 yr old and a 16 yr old, but
>she considers leaving the little ones with them the same as alone!)
>We'll stay for the day, and leave that night when things die down.
>If she decides not to go, I'll stay over. But since she wants to come I
>don't want to discourage her. Its rare she does this kinda stuff.
>Are the rest of you guys bringing the other half?
>Do you think the day should be planned? Hows this sound.
>Would a 11:00 meeting time work?
>Check out the trucks for an hour or so
>Hit some place for lunch, shoot the shit.
>Hit the slots, go our own ways or how ever it works out.
>Maybe meet for dinner (for those who would like to)
>Head back home. (some may stay)
>What do you think?
>Those who would like to stay over can make there own arrangements.
If
>theres enough for a group discount I'll make the call and do the leg
>work.
>Bob
>Feed back, and other ideas are encouraged
>Bob
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 14:32:38 -0800
>From: Jason&Sarah <Jpm699@email.msn.com>
>Subject: DML: Re: RE: RAM-AIR INTAKE
>
>Yes, but the hood would end up costing more than twice as much!!!
>
>Jason
>

>>I have seen these before and I would discourage their use. If you
want
>>Ram-Air, get a real functional hood. I rather doubt this product will
do
>>much of anything. If you just wan to flush money, then buy one of
those
>>"tornadoes" or something. By the time you finish the Ram-Air-Box
setup,
>you
>>could have had a hood already. IMHO, keep your cash.
>>Vladimir "FASRAM"
>>http://home.austin.rr.com/fasram/
>>http://www.indyram.org/

Sutton,

flyboy01@worldnet.att.net if
>you have more questions.
>
>Mark

BTW, I
>>paid 55 for 2 pulls on a DynoJet at a place called Austin Pro-Max in
>>Seattle, WA. What's the going rate? Another place wanted 75 for 2
pulls.

>>Joel
>>
>>http://www.zracer.com/dakota.htm
>>

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:47:57 EST
>From: Dak99RT@aol.com
>Subject: Re: DML: Vibration at high speeds
>
>In a message dated 3/7/99 6:38:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>yellowrt@hotmail.com writes:
>
><< I had the same exact problem with my R/T. I took it to the dealer
and
> they didn't want to do to much but they decided to balance my tires
and
> check the toe in. That didn't help. They didn't want to do to much
> because the vibration was past legal speed limits. So it took it upon
> myself, like about three others on the list and had the drive shaft
> balanced. It turned out that the dodge weights were undersized. Now

it
> is perfect, I had it up to 110 and I didn't have any problems.
>
> Chris Tesinsky
> '99 Solar Yellow R/T CC
> >>

>Is this vibration only on the club cabs? Mine is an RC and I have no
>vibration.
>Charles smith
>1999 Dakota R/T
>15.0@95 mph (g-tech)
>Ican2u7176@aol.com (or) Dak99rt@aol.com
>http://hometown.aol.com/ican2u7176/index.htm
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 18:59:14 -0500
>From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
>Subject: Re: Re[2]: DML: Foxwoods: Yeas and Nays
>
>The Man From Utopia wrote:
>>
>> > Hey Tom, Unless I've missed some posts, the guys who have
confirmed
for
>> > the 27th are: Rodger H, Kevin B, Walter F, you and me.
>> > Lets hear from the rest of you guys.
>> > Bob
>>
>> Unfortunately I have to bow out. Too much going on here to be too far

away.
>> But I will be at the MOPAR Parts Nats at Englishtown for May 20-23.
>>
>> Greg
>> 95 DSCC v6 5spd
>
>Greg, I'll see you at Englishtown. Bob
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 18:07:57 -0600
>From: Ron Merx <ronmerx@nol.net>
>Subject: Re: DML: Vibration at high speeds
>
>Chris, What material is your drive shaft made of ? Mine looks like
>fiberglass (coated).
>Was on a trip last week and thought I felt a high vibration when
passing
>someone @ about 80 - 90. Didn't know if it was tires or what.
Spooky........

> [...]
>>myself, like about three others on the list and had the drive shaft
>>balanced. It turned out that the dodge weights were undersized.
Now
>it
>>is perfect, I had it up to 110 and I didn't have any problems.
>>
>>Chris Tesinsky
>>'99 Solar Yellow R/T CC
>
> Chris, what did it cost you (approx) to get the driveshaft
>balanced, and would it be worth my while to go bitch at the dealer to
>balance it even thought it is above "legal" speed? I noticed the
>vibration most right at my feet when I hit 80, but could feel the whole
>truck vibrate, this the same with yours? Thanks for the info, I really
>appreciate it. And, your system looks great, I like how you mounted
the
>tweeters in the club cab, it looks damn good.
>
>Thanks
> Jack Yates
> '99 Black CC R/T

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 19:36:09 -0500 (EST)
>From: Robert Lange <DOYLEVONHEMI@webtv.net>
>Subject: DML: 6pack hood scoop
>
>Does anybody know any companies that make a 6 pack style hood
scoop for
>a 98 dak? Like the ones from the 691/2 roadrunners and superbees.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 20:07:21 -0500 (EST)
>From: Robert Lange <DOYLEVONHEMI@webtv.net>
>Subject: DML: 1987 red express dakota??
>
>There was also another stepside first gen. dak called the dakota
>warrior. It was a black truck very reminiscent of the old warlocks. I
>think it was made by a company called LER or something like that for
>dodge in the early 90's.
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 20:42:32 -0500
>From: Bob H <torch@triplet.net>
>Subject: DML: 318vs360
>
>With this talk about the 360 coming out in non-R/T pkgs on the CC, was
>wondering if I got the right motor. Wanted the power, but also decent
mpg.
>Is there much diff between the 2 motors? Planning on headers, air
filter,
>and cat backs mainly to help with the mpg. Will I be happy with the
318?
>Need a little input from you V8 guys/gals out there. And is that rumor
or
>fact that the 360 will be in the CCs for 2000? Think I am getting the
order
>jitters...Input please.
>

>Bob Hardt
>Aiken,SC
>99 Black Dakota CC 5.2 Auto
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 20:34:54 -0600
>From: Bill Ligon <ligon_w@hccs.cc.tx.us>
>Subject: DML: RE: DML Digest V4 #417
>
>Andrew,
>
>I just suffered a similar fate; while their insurance paid 450 for
parts +
>$45 for labor. I elected to go after market. I found both Fey and
Bundy
> [...]
>From: Rekker21@aol.com
>Subject: Re: DML: 318vs360
>
>In a message dated 3/7/99 9:05:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
torch@triplet.net
>writes:
>
><< Will I be happy with the 318?
> Need a little input from you V8 guys/gals out there. And is that rumor
or
> fact that the 360 will be in the CCs for 2000? Think I am getting the
order
> jitters...Input please. >>
>
> Right now its just rumor. Atleast as far as I know. I don't think
you
>would be disappointed with a 5.2 but I pulled mine out and replaced it
with a
>5.9 and am much happier!
>Eric
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 21:02:58 -0700
>From: "Antonio S. Magallenez" <amagalla@totacc.com>
>Subject: Re: DML: Power Window Question
>

>> A bunch of other people have already posted the answer to this,
>>so I'll skip that part, but I have a question... Why is it that
>>this feature is only on the driver's window? In the summer, I will
>>often open both of my windows, so auto-down on both would be
nice.
>>(Actually, I don't have auto-down on either of my '96s windows, but
>>I did have auto-down on my 3000GT and my Dad's Town & Country
has
>>it.) Always only the driver's side though. I can understand why
>>no auto-up (kids and animals getting caught, etc.) but why no
>>passenger side? Yet another cost savings perhaps?
>>
>> One of the projects on my rather lengthy list is to make a
>>"module" that will allow people with older Daks to have auto-down
>>windows. (driver *and* passenger, not just one.) It'll also
>>do auto-up. To lower (or raise) either window automatically,
>>you'd give the switch a quick "click" (or "double-click", perhaps)
>>in the appropriate direction, and the module would take over
>>from there. If you wanted to raise or lower the window partway,
>>you'd just keep holding the switch; that'd be the module's cue
>>to leave the window alone.
>>
>> When I finally do get around to building this thing, I'll be sure
>>to post the plans and such in the upgrades section of the web
>>site so that anyone can duplicate (or improve on) it.
>>

>To answer your question about why the auto-down feature is only on
the
>driver side window. The feature was called the toll booth window. It
>alowed for people to roll the window down with one touch while they
looked
>for change. Just a bit of useless trivia.
>
>Tony (new member with a new Dak)
>99 SLTcc 5.2L 5-sp Flame Red
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 23:19:46 -0500
>From: Doug Myers <dougmyers@radix.net>
>Subject: DML: '97 Grand Cherokee Radiator Hose
>
>a '97 Grand Cherokee would fit my '99 Dakota and clear a 14" FABM.
Exactly
>which hose is this and where can I get it?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Doug
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 22:21:40 -0600
>From: Vladimir Ryall <vladimir@austin.rr.com>
>Subject: DML: RE: Re: RE: RAM-AIR INTAKE
>
>...but 10 times as effective...
>
>Vladimir "FASRAM"
>http://home.austin.rr.com/fasram/
>http://www.indyram.org/

Jason&Sarah
>Sent: Sunday, March 07, 1999 4:33 PM
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: Re: RE: RAM-AIR INTAKE
>
>Yes, but the hood would end up costing more than twice as much!!!
>
>Jason
>

>>I have seen these before and I would discourage their use. If you
want
>>Ram-Air, get a real functional hood. I rather doubt this product will
do
>>much of anything. If you just wan to flush money, then buy one of
those
>>"tornadoes" or something. By the time you finish the Ram-Air-Box
setup,
>you
>>could have had a hood already. IMHO, keep your cash.
>>Vladimir "FASRAM"
>>http://home.austin.rr.com/fasram/
>>http://www.indyram.org/

noticed