RE: Question on going faster

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Thu Mar 11 1999 - 18:51:29 EST

At 03:52 PM 3/11/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>I have thought about having a local pain and body guy punch holes in the
>stock hood. I could then find scoops to match, and BANG, Ram Air Hood,
>Right???? The only down side I see here is the rain factor for a daily
>driver. If you have a K&N open air setup. Doesn't the air concept
>shove more water in as well????
>
>This is what I think awaits my wallet :
>
>Some form of ram air system like the hole in the hood idea, or head
>which ever...
>Maybe the 1.7 roller rockers
>The B&F II TB
>Maybe that upper intake thingy or porting and polishing the one I have
>Toss up on the longer duration CAM and Headers...One or the other.
>I have the slicks, and wheel son the way.
>And the New SBEC from Mopar for the R/T. Only cuz I know they can do
>better than Stock.
>

>This should all add up to a HP number closer to 300 than 250 right??? I
>just wonder how much closer I could be..... I know 300 is not a quote
>100 pony gain, but I will take what ever I can get at the top end.
>
>The other suggestions are great ones as well. I try my best to look for
>$$ and parts. Some of my next steps hit me in the 4-500 range....
>

>Jason
>3/11/99 3:51 PM

Jason, I don't remember your mods that you've already done, but here's what
I would do:

180 stat
Leach headers - air needs to get out easier if you're playin w/the manifold
and TB
Modded Intake
Ported TB
Ram air of some sort
electric fans
shift kit
higher stall (2400 rpm)(Fairbanks, or??) torque convertor
slicks/drag radials

I would think high 13's would be a breeze with these mods....especially
since I think Alan S. in TX dropped a sec from 15.1 to 14.2 with the fans,
headers, and TB.....

Brian