Porsche Puts Mobil1 Synthetic Oil in New Cars

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 17:13:17 EST

I know Porsche puts Mobil1 in both the 911 turbo and the Boxter right
from the factory! They only recommend changing the oil every 15,000
miles, and the filter
every 30,000 miles! This is because synthetic oil has far superior flow
quality at
both temperature extremes and will not create it's own sludge and
corrosive acids
like organic oil will when driving only short distances.

Mobil laboratories put an early '90's model BMW on an outside stand with
rollers
for the rear wheels and chained it down. They hooked up a computer to
modulate
the engine speed like the hi-tech emissions test stations. They ran it
for 4 years,
stopping it only to do the factory recommended services. After four
years they had
a million miles on the engine, so they pulled it out of the car and
disassembled it, and
the valve-train components still measured within factory tolerances!

My best friend has a 1985 Chevy S-10 truck with 251,000 miles on it that
he drives every day of the week. It has had Mobil1 synthetic oil since
it was new. He changes
the oil every 10,000 miles, and the oil level has always still been on
the full mark after driving more than triple the distance recommended
between changes when using
organic oil. He has never had to add a quart of oil.

On top of that, the truck still runs like it is new, never drips,
doesn't smoke even when
pulling a 4,000 lb load (with a 2.8 V-6) and the timing chain has only
been replaced
once (at about 120,000 miles) and the carburetor has never been
rebuilt! Oh yeah,
the emmissions test results read just like a new truck.

I sold an '87 Buick Grand National (when I bought my R/T) that had
195,000 hard
miles on it--all with mobil1. Everything in that engine was original,
except the timing
chain, and I never lost a race in 6 years (except to one or two other
turbo regals).
Oh yeah, the car was so nice and ran so well, that the first guy who
came to see it
bought it (and paid good money, knowing that the engine was all
original).

As much as cars and trucks cost, you'd be foolish not to use the best
protection
money can buy! Synthetic oil is no more expensive than conventional
oil, because
you can drive so much further between oil changes without doing any
damage.

P.S. Having said that, I should warn you...Mobil1 oil flows so well,
that it will find
places to leak out if you have high miles on your engine and the seals
are compromised.

Randy
'98 FR R/T CC