Re: Re: What Cat-Back System is Recommended??

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 21:46:36 EST

In a message dated 3/12/99 3:21:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Jpm699@email.msn.com writes:

<< I don't think adding a 3" pipe after the muffler will do much
 good unless the rest of your exhaust system is 3" as well, which if you did
 you would notice a loss in your low end.

I'm not so sure about that. As exhaust cools it expands. I believe this is why
the R/T has a 2" y-pipe into the cat then 2 1/2" out of the cat and into the
muffler and 3" out of the muffler. Anyone care to comment? Is this what Dodge
calls a "tuned" exhaust?
Charles