Synthetic Oil...PHOOEY (reply)

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 08:29:24 EST

I am well aware there are "exceptions" to every rule, but you can't deny
that oil which
flows much faster will cause less engine wear.

If you got 450,000 with organic oil, I dare say it had to be almost
exclusively highway
miles. Organic oil creates its own sludge during city driving
scenerios. A co-worker
had to have the oil pan removed and the oil pickup tube cleaned out in a
'94 Ranger,
because the screen in the oil pan was almost totally blocked (at 27,000
miles) from
driving less than 3 miles to work each day.

My father had an '74 Maverick and an '86 Delta '88 that both threw rods
right through
the blocks at 120,000 and 170,000 respectively. And he changed the oil
and filters
faithfully at 3,000 miles and never ragged on these engines.respectively
(not to mention
that most cars run poorly at 100,000).

It is generally accepted that smoking is bad for your health, yet George
Burns lived
to be older than many men who never smoked. But just because he did,
doesn't mean
I'm going to start smoking. Hence my point (above) about exceptions...

BTW, if you wait until 190,000 miles to change the plug in your R/T, you
should have bought the regular V-6 Dakota, because that's about how well
your truck will be running
by then.

Randy
'98 R/T CC