Front license plate

From: Dave Howe (dhowe@netarrant.net)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 20:48:08 EST

Carlos -
If you leave the plate off and want a quick fix for the holes, go to a
hardware store and get some little black plastic plugs that snap in the
holes. The come in all sizes, have sort of a flat/slightly rounded head,
flat black color. They have little "gripper fingers" to hold them in tight.
I've used them for years on motorcycle frames, etc. that I'm detailing and
want to clean up the holes without welding, painting, etc.
If you have a chrome bumper, some auto parts & hardware stores have
something similar made of chrome steel or stainless. The black ones are
good for under-hood detailing, too.
I live in Texas where front plates are required - the State Troopers
stopped my Brother in his new C5 'Vette for this - he got out of it 'cause
he still had dealer plates. I think it was just a pretext to pull him over
and radio for wants & warrants (and because he was driving a red 'Vette!) I
don't like front plates either, but I run 'em for that reason - don't give
'em an excuse!

Dave

I don't leave the front plate on the front. If anything i think I might =
put the plate inside the bumper, but hell If I am going to leave that =
big black square thing to hold my plate on. I haven't gotten a ticket =
yet. I never had one on my Neon either. I guess I am going to fast for =
the cops to see the front. hahahah! I already have to put up with the =
damn holes they drill to put that dumb thing on!!

Carlos Medina
99 Blk V6 Dakota Rocket