Re: Re: RE: Tranny Fluid

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 10:15:58 EST

In a message dated 3/15/99 8:43:58 PM EST, mrdancer@camalott.com writes:

> Anyway, he claimed that he added 1 quart engine oil
> (straight 30w or 40w, can't remember which) to the tranny every time he
> changed fluid. Said it provided the tranny with extra lubrication. Go
> figure.....
???????
Thats a new on to me. As for this tranny fluid debate, there are aftermarket
type 7176 equivalents for around $2.00 a qt. You can also get a friction
modifying additive to convert Dex III to 7176 types. That only costs $13.00
for ten oz. bottle which treats up to ten quarts. I would think that you
could add the friction modifier to Mobil 1 fluid and be kosher. I'll stick
with the 7176 and change it once a year or so (every 20k).
Oh, the modifier I am talking about is made by Automatic transmission Products
Inc. (ATP) P/N AT 203.
TTYL
Boog