First oil change and general R/T questions

From: Mike Williams (williams@kode.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 19:49:12 EST

Did my first oil change on my new R/T at 996 miles. I used Valvoline
10w30 and a Mobil 1 filter. I'll be switching over to Mobil 1 oil at
about 5000 miles.

While changing the oil I got a chance to really check out the the truck
from a mechanical perspective.. I've been having to much fun driving to
for the last week. One thing I didn't realize was that the exhaust
manifolds have individual pipes going to the cat. I guess there is no
need for a better y-pipe on the R/T. The second thing I noticed was the
coil. I was going to order an total MSD ignition upgrade this week.. The
coil is a small modular unit that bolts to the one of the pulley
brackets. It has a connector to the bottom of it and the coil wire come
out the top. Can this be replaced with a standard Blaster III coil or
should I use something else.

--
Mike Williams -- VP Mid-Michigan Mopar Enthusiasts
99 BLK R/T CC