Re: Rockford Chad / Geoff) experience

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 10:24:48 EST

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SONY headunits are CRAP! They are EVIL. I HATE them.
Just my personal experience with one that cost $700 when it came out. It
would
skip if I looked at it wrong, and it couldn't pick up a station if I was
towing
the radio tower. It was a Sony CDX-900. Absolute crap. My friend who
sells
stereo equip (in a way) couldn't sell it for ever, because no one wanted a
Sony.<

I used to have this opinion. What sold me on mine (I have a CDX-680,
which is the same as the ES CDX-780 except it has 2-3V preamp outputs
instead of 4v) was that The owner of my stereo shop has had one in his car
for almost 2 years (I can verify the last year), the volume knob (I hate
buttons), ESP, and that it was in stock. My first one had a few problems,
but I got it replaced, and it's been smooth sailing since then.

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG

"This is a litigation-free zone. Prosecutors will be Violated."