6000 lines/50,000 mile timing gear -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 21:24:16 EST

You wouldn't happen to remember the part# for the roller chain do ya'?
Do they make em' for 6ers? =)
thanks!

-mike d.

>>> <charger69rt@excite.com> 03/17/99 04:16pm >>>

List

I noticed the complaint about the "me too" posts, but lately I think
the posts with all the html is a far worse problem.

Timing gears: We rebuilt our 5.2 V8 at 50,000 miles.The reason was
owner/operator stupidity. We did find that the timing chain was much
looser than expected . We replaced it with a roller set from Summit.

On a side note: when we disassembled the engine the oil pickup
screen was completely blocked with bits and pieces of rtv.The truck's
oil pan had been replaced by the dealer for the only service since
we had bought the truck.The #1 rod bearing showed signs of oil
starvation.

Working on the engine turned out to be a lucky break rather than
the disaster it might have been.

(still stuck in the 15.00's however)

roblip