Re: Question on going faster

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 23:12:34 EST

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 22:16:33 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>> On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Patrick Delgado wrote:
>>
>>> In a Truckin' mag article, they put the 1.7 roller rockers in a dak 5.2.
>>> Apparently there was interference with the rocker covers. The oil splash
>>> shield had to be "caressed" about 1/4" with a hammer. Not much of a problem
>if
>>> you know about it ahead of time.
>>> Dr. Pat
>>

>> Is the splash shield the only thing that has to be adjusted? That's
>> just at the back corner of the valve cover right? I was thinking that
>> the entire length of the valve cover had to be adjusted. If not, maybe
>> I'll go to 1.7s after all...
>>

>> -Jon-

When I did my Crower 1.7's, I removed the baffles completely. Use a
sharp cold-chisel and cut the spot welds - 4 on each valve cover (I
think). Makes for a much cleaner install. I know, I know - no one will
see it, but I'll still know there's ugly, hammered sheet metal where it
shouldn't be.

                Later,

                        Russ Selkirk

--