RE: plugs n flaps

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Fri Mar 19 1999 - 11:02:44 EST

> My truck came with smaller molded flaps, which I soon found out I
> was missing
> 2 of the 4 after a 4wheeling weekend. Then, I went to the dealer,
> and bought 4
> new longer flaps that seemed to be more felxible, NOPE! When
> hosing my truck
> off I noticed that this time I only had 1 flap left. Basically I
> will never
> waste my money on buying flaps again. They are good if you never
> go 4wheelin,
> but I just found they belong on street vehicles and serve NO purpose on my
> truck. Save your money for something your REALLY need when
> 4wheelin' , like a
> a Hi-Lift jack, etc.
> Kyle
> 93 Dakota 4x4 V6

Does the same problem occur when you've got just the plain flat/flexible
kind? The problem in Toronto, is that you have to have mud flaps on all
vehicles over a certain height. We don't quite fit in that category yet,
but we will someday. A co-worker of mine had a Toyota 4Runner that he had
lifted and a lot of mods done to. Even though it wasn't a Dak, it was still
impressive. He was pulled over by the police once and was told to get flaps
on asap. Maybe we can remove them before getting on the trails, and put
them back on before getting back into town. Anyone else have any problems
with the old-fashioned kind?

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd