Re: plugs n flaps

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 19 1999 - 22:52:58 EST

In a message dated 3/19/99 10:17:16 AM Central Standard Time,
nbleazard@home.com writes:

<<
 Does the same problem occur when you've got just the plain flat/flexible
 kind? The problem in Toronto, is that you have to have mud flaps on all
 vehicles over a certain height. We don't quite fit in that category yet,
 but we will someday. A co-worker of mine had a Toyota 4Runner that he had
 lifted and a lot of mods done to. Even though it wasn't a Dak, it was still
 impressive. He was pulled over by the police once and was told to get flaps
 on asap. Maybe we can remove them before getting on the trails, and put
 them back on before getting back into town. Anyone else have any problems
 with the old-fashioned kind?

Yes, I have had the harder molded flaps as well as the longer flexible ones.
The main point is is that I HAD them, of the 8 flaps I have had on my Dak, I
would never waste my money again on them. The only reason you really need
these flaps is if the tires stick out far from the wheel wells and could
possibly cause the tires to throw things up at other vehicles on the road.
But then again, is it up to the officer to be a supercop and actually act on
this 'violation' I dont worry about it where I live and I really dont think
you should either. If you are, just contact your local law enforcement divsion
and ask them what they think.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6