Re: Thought Problem

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 23:53:20 EST

At 04:19 PM 3/22/99 , you wrote:

> I was daydreaming about my new Dakota. If money were no object what
> modifications would I make? I came up with this list in chronological order:
>
> 1, Ram-air hood with FABM
> 2, B/F TB
> 3, Ceramic headers with Borla Dual exhaust with quad tips
> 4, 180# stat
> 5, MSD ignition w platinum plugs
> 6, Mopar computer
> 7, Single Plane Manifold
> 8, all fluids changed over to synthetic
> 9, shift kit on tranny--anything else I should do?
>
> any other ideas?
>
> Dave

   Is money really no object, or do you want to keep it within reason? I was
just wondering, since the list seemed kinda tame for "no object" :-)

  If money was no object for me, I'd pull the 318 and shoehorn in a fuel
injected 528 HEMI crate motor with forged internals and ported aluminum heads.
Of course, you'd also do an electric fan, ram-air, headers, intake, and all of
the usual stuff, along with a 3" dual exhaust. Add twin (or quad)
turbochargers and a nitrous system, big fat wheels and tires, a big aluminum
driveshaft, centerforce dual friction clutch, a beefed up T-56 tranny (or maybe
a lenco), a Dana 60 rearend with suregrip 4.10s or 4.56s... Or an alternative
might be an independent rear suspension if you can find one that'll handle all
that power. You're probably looking at replacing the axles too (shorter ones
so you can put wider tires in the back; you may have to relocate your leaf
springs too) I should think you'd be able to pull 1500hp out of that engine
setup, easy. I think that'd have you running 8's at about 170mph, but it
should be fairly streetable too.

  Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta siphon the drool out of my keyboard. ;-)

                                               -Jon-