Re:Newbie looking for help

From: Edward J. Abrams, Jr. (superdak@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Mar 23 1999 - 20:48:21 EST

Try looking in the Barnes&Noble or Borders "Transportation" section;
while you'll find a lot of model-specific books, you should also find
one or two general books that will be very helpful. I bought
"Automotive Mechanics", 10th ed., by Crouse and Anglin, at Borders.
This is an honest-to-goodness textbook, like you'd get for a college
science course, only for auto mechanics. It assumes that you start off
knowing nothing, but (eventually) covers everything pretty deeply, with
an emphasis on understanding systems and diagnosing problems--it runs
800+ pages. It cost me about $40. If you want something Dak-specific,
nothing beats the FSM.