Re: K&N Filters

From: BlakDak97@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 20:40:14 EST

I installed a K&N open element cone filter on my '97 4x4 V8. You can use K&N
#RE-0930. I used a piece of exhaust pipe with a 90 degree bend to connect the
filter to the convoluted rubber coming off the intake hat. Go to your local
autoparts store and tell them you need Walker pipe # 41003. This pipe is a 3"
inlet, 3" outlet. The smaller end will fit inside the filter and the larger
end will fit the convoluted hose. You will need to make up a couple on mount
brackets and have them welded to the pipe to hold it in place. This setup will
put the filter in about the same location as the original filter box. I had to
cut off about 2" of the small end and about 3/4" of the large end to locate
the unit where it didn't rub anything. If interested I could get some pictures
and e-mail them to anybody that would like to see this setup. Mike