Re: Making power

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 00:25:27 EST

Hey Robert...

Man, I haven't heard of that system since my dad was teaching me how to work
on cars (Late 70's). He had one a long time ago on my mom's old
Rambler...never really worked as they claimed. The biggest "Advertisement"
for that system was to reduce the octane requirement on old
engines...basically cleaned the carbon deposits...therefore, no more
"pinging" and lower octane fuel required. You could literally turn it ON
and OFF as required...not something I would recommend today at all.

The water in the intake trick does work for cleaning carbon inside the
cylinders...if it's really that bad...and I also remember my old Autoshop
teacher showing us that same thing. Todays engines run much more
efficiently than the old engines and the fuel is much cleaner these days as
well. (Alternative additives can do the rest...ever put Techron on a rusty
lawnmower...damn it gets clean!)

Regards,

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX