Re: Nissan sentra GS-R???(BEWARE??)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 00:59:11 EST

At 11:51 PM 3/24/99 , you wrote:
>Okay, pulling out of circuit city today, i was just bored, and wanted to
>hear the exhaust rumble, so i was cruising, and this nissan sentra just keeps
>up with me. i'm not really on the gas.. but he is really keeping up... so,
>there's the turn onto the highway, and i take the outter lane to turn (two
>turn lanes) and he revs his engine so i do the same. The guy had a stick and
>practically had a 1/4 of a car length on the almost the whole time. i don't
>know what he's done, but are those 4 bangers supposed t be that fast?
>-Dester
>PS I know it's a G_-R, I forgot the second character

  It was probably a Nissan Sentra SE-R. A buddy of mine has one, and they
are real sleepers!! He went to the track with me at the beginning of last
season. We were both running around 16 seconds. He had to leave early,
but I ended up running 15.4. He had some suspension problems he has to get
fixed, and it had some high miles. He hasn't been back yet; he's trying to
decide wether he wants to work on this or get a Mustang or something. I
think the SE-R is good for mid to high 15's stock. They really start to
cook when you get the rpms up. I think the redline is 8K or so.

                                               -Jon-