Timing Chain worries AGAIN!!!!!!

From: Christopher L Scott (clscott@cse.Buffalo.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 10:46:32 EST

  My 94 Dak Sport 3.9 had a problem where the timing chain had worn and
was rattling up against the oil slinger at idle. Two weeks ago I had it
replaced with a brand-new TRW chain and sprockets. Well, it's rattling
again, I just heard it. Now I am pissed off. I called the mechanic at
the dealer who did the work (under warranty) and he doesn't seem to think
it could possibly be the chain since it is brand new. Well, the rattle
sure sounds just like what it was doing before. What could cause the
chain to fail so quickly? Another question: Are there roller gears
available for this engine? You know, the set of gears which replace your
timing chain, if so, who makes good ones, what do they cost, and what
modifications are required to install them? Thanks..
                        Christopher Scott