Re: Timing Chain worries AGAIN!!!!!!

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 12:38:12 EST

<< My 94 Dak Sport 3.9 had a problem where the timing chain had worn and
 was rattling up against the oil slinger at idle. Two weeks ago I had it
 replaced with a brand-new TRW chain and sprockets. Well, it's rattling
 again, I just heard it. Now I am pissed off. I called the mechanic at
 the dealer who did the work (under warranty) and he doesn't seem to think
 it could possibly be the chain since it is brand new. Well, the rattle
 sure sounds just like what it was doing before. What could cause the
 chain to fail so quickly? Another question: Are there roller gears
 available for this engine? You know, the set of gears which replace your
 timing chain, if so, who makes good ones, what do they cost, and what
 modifications are required to install them? Thanks.. >>

Chris,
I am assuming you had this done at the dealer. What parts are listed on the
print-out
receipt? Just to make sure they actually replaced all the parts needed in this
job.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6