Re: Bad PepBoys Experience

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 14:18:57 EST

Add another Pepboys story to the list. I have a friend who works for
www.sportmachines.com and with www.syty.org (Syclone/Typhoon sites). One
of the people he worked with had a 92 Ty that would pull low 12s. He took
it to pepboys to get the wheels changed to 20"rs. When he went to pick it
up, the transmission wouldn't shift out of park. They refused to take
responsibility for it, claiming the tranny was destroyed when he brought
it in, even though there would have been no way for them to get the truck
on the lift. My guess is one of their employees decided to go for a
little joyride and did something REALLY stupid. This happened about 18
mos ago, and I believe they are still fighting it out in civil court. I
wouldn't trust pepboys to clear the dirt off my tires.

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG

"This is a litigation-free zone. Prosecutors will be Violated."