Re: Fw: Cat-FrontT Pipes for Dodge Dakotas

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 16:22:41 EST

In a message dated 3/25/99 4:18:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bbridges@alarismed.com writes:

> The R/T cat front pipes are not a Y (they are 2 separate pipes)and only work
> on a dual inlet Catalytic converter (only found on R/Ts and Rams) All 318
> Daks have a single inlet Cat and therefor the Cat forward pipes must be Y'd
> together prior to the Cat...
> BKB

So is it worth getting a larger downpipe on the R/T (if they are even
available) or would a good set of headers be good enough. Please bear with me
as my truck is fairly new and I have not had it up on a rack to take a good
look at the exhaust.
Charles