Re: Tire Sipe

From: Asautt@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 09:11:35 EST

In a message dated 3/25/99 10:25:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, magnumv8@wt.net
writes:

> For those who have siped their tires how do you like it? I am considering
> doing this on my next set of tires, but it is rather permanent. Any bad
> experiances with this procedure?
>
> ---Mike, near Houston.---
I'm sold. Have the ATs on my 4X4. Sipeing cured my wander problem, they run A
LOT quieter, Dak holds a groove while conering, gets a grip when accelerating
from a stop, wet weather traction is great, and I may have gained a mpg or
two. Only about 1500 miles since I had it done so can't comment on wear yet,
other than to say no noticeable wear at all.

Chief