Re: Tire Sipe

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 14:49:11 EST

Not sure, but I think siping is primarily beneficial for getting higher
performance out of typical street tires. Manufacturers don't sipe because
it's not necessarily beneficial for most types of driving, and where it is
beneficial, they market high performance tires that basically do the same
thing - just my guess tho'.......

I remember reading in car mags where they would performance-test cars, then
sipe the tires and get a little better performance out of them. Might wanna
check C&D or M/T archives......

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate