Defective Body/Cab Mounts?

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 14:30:55 EST

Dennis,

There is Technical Service Bulletin from Chrysler for '98 model Dakotas
to have
the cab mounting bolts replaced. The ones from the factory were not
hardened
properly and there was the potential of them breaking and the cab coming
loose
from the frame in an accident. My '98 R/T and my friend's '98 SLT both
started
popping real loud at the back of the Club Cab on the passenger side,
when turning
into eleveated driveways after a few thousand miles. I'd bet you have a
case to
get your truck repaired without any expense on your part.

Randy Fox
'98 FR CC R/T