Re: Tire Sipe

From: Asautt@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 14:41:23 EST

In a message dated 3/26/99 9:50:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mcrumley@airmail.net writes:

> will admit right off that I have never heard of this, but my initial
> reaction is to wonder why, if this is such a good idea, do none of the tire
> manufacturers do this? Cutting the tread in the same direction as the
> radial plys run seems to me like a real *bad* idea, a sure prescription for
> shortening tire life. Somebody explain to me why I'm wrong.
>
> Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
> mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

Mike
Some of the tire companies do this for their "all season" or "rain" tires.
Toyo and some other brands. Why don't they ALL do it for ALL of their tires?
Same reason you get $1.95 shocks instead of adjustable Ranchos when you buy a
new Dak.

"Let's see if we can save $2.00 per shock...4 shocks per Dak....we produce
500,000 Daks....well wada ya know .... theres 4 MIL to spend on the office
Christmas party or whatever. Same with the tires. Save a couple of bucks per
tire when you run off a million tires and pretty soon your talking real money
; )

Chief