Re: RE: Re: RE: 24# Injectors?, o2 sensor emulator

From: SandMan (sandman@linkup.net)
Date: Sat Mar 27 1999 - 05:18:54 EST

The O2 sensor interacts with the amount of oxygen in the exhaust stream and
produces its own voltage form 0 to 1 volt, if I remember correctly, less
than 0.5v indicates a rich fuel mixture (greater than 14.7:1 air/fuel ratio)
& if the voltage is greater than 0.5v it indicates a lean mixture. I would
think it would be fairly easy for someone to create an o2 emulator, all you
would need is a clean 1 volt DC source through a rheostat. Using resistors
you should be able to reduce 12vDC (13.5vDC approx. charging voltage) down
to 1vDC into a rheostat (like a car radio volume control) & through a low
voltage meter (so you could monitor the voltage). More voltage = More fuel =
more power (to a point). just a thought ;-)

SandMan
proud owner of:
Flame Red 99' Sport CC, 318, FT-4x4, trailer tow package, Tire & Handling
package