Re: Gas Mileage

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 10:40:32 EST

'97 Dak - SLT/CC V6 - 1,730 Mile trip at 70-80mph - Average MPG: 19

This was with the bed loaded & covered and the toolbox filled with all the
necessities. (Trip from CA to TX)

It is, however, possible for a V8 to get over 20mpg. (We proved that with
my old boss's 5.0 Mustang. (Blueprinted sensors, headers, intake and
exhaust mods, Paxton @ 5psi, and many other mods.) Average MPG on the
highway for the 'Stang was 24. (Blowers do that when the engine is
configured properly,)

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net