Re: Gas Mileage

From: Tony Mastres (mastres@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 14:20:13 EST

>Mine v-8 4x4 with approx 500 extra pounds of tools and parts is now
>getting over 17 mpg on the interstate. Anyone else with a CC 4x4 with a
>V-6 have some MPG numbers?

I've posted my mpg numbers here before but hey, I'll be glad to post again.
In several mpg tests I conducted while traveling I've determined that my 97
V-6, regular cab 4x4 with Snug top hi-liner cap, 2 people and a light load
(2-300 lbs of cargo) will get 20mpg on the hwy at 65-70 mph. this drops to
16-17 around town. If I pushed it up to 75+ mph the best I could get was
18. I've checked this on several occasions and even now , 2.5 years and
35,000 miles lated the nubers are still really close to 20mpg, sometimes 19
sometimes 21,22 but always near 20 if I can keep it around 65-70 mph