Re: Splash Shields

From: RYDE2LIVE@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 11:34:33 EST

In a message dated 3/28/99 9:45:14 AM Central Standard Time,
ragnew@islandnet.com writes:

> The scoop is that 1999 4X4's SHOULD NOT have them. In 99 only the 2 wheel
> >drive models got them. That info is DIRECTLY from Chrysler.
> >That is the FINAL word!
>
> >Adam S.
> >99 RC 4X4 V8 SLT +
>
> Adam:
>
> That's very nice for those with 1999 models, mine is a 1997 model and the
> fiche show the same for 1998. Who did you contact at Chrysler? I'd like
> to confirm the situation for 1997.
>
> Thanks
>

> Rob Agnew
> ragnew@islandnet.com
>
> Victoria, B.C.
> Canada
Rob:

 When I was at my dealer a rep from Chrysler happened to be there. He got
involved and with the parts dept. we determined that the 99 4X4 models do not
have them however, the 97 and 98 4X4 and 4X2 both had them. This is the metal
plate just inboard of the brake rotor. It protects the rotor from rocks, etc.
They did away with them on the 99 4X4 because debris was getting trapped
between them and the rotor from offroad driving etc.
 Don't get these items confused with the fenderwell splash guards. they are
two different items.

Hope this clears things up,

Adam S.