Re: Re: Gas Mileage

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 11:52:12 EST

I totally agree. Better engine designs, better gearing (3.42 for highway
MPG is great...3.23's are even better)...but the Six-Speed gives it the
extra edge. (Try running it on the highway in 5th and see what happens to
the MPG. (My buddy in SJ, CA just picked up the '99 Camaro SS/SLP Special
Edition and he's already verified that for me.)

The one thing that I have noticed in most of the "MPG Complaint" posts is
that they are either running modified (major or minor mods) V8's w/3.92
gears or 4x4's with V8's.

That's an unfair comparison to a V6 with 3.55 gears that they are comparing
them to. (Not you, just in general.) My MPG was great until I changed the
tires/gears. But then again, i'm not too concerned with MPG either at this
point.

Let's face it...ya gotta pay to play.

Just another example of an old "Hi-Perf" rule: In General, The more you get
in and the faster you can get it out, the more power you make. (Uhhh...key
thing here: The MORE YOU GET IN...That's where the MPG goes bye bye.)

Bernd