Re: RE: Re: RE: 24# Injectors?

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 28 1999 - 12:08:59 EST

In a message dated 3/25/99 10:48:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, TXSTIM@aol.com
writes:

<< I used to live at sea level and had a set of higher rate injectors (not
sure
 what rate, but they're yellow Siemens with 312A stamped in the housing) on my
 truck. The motor was real flat at WOT, back off a little and it would take
 off. I assumed I was outside the range of the computer? >>

Probaly they were to rich as at wot the computer uses look-up tables and not
sensor inputs for readings. So setting the info from the tables but with a
bigger injector probably created a rich conditiona nd when backing off a
little bit used sensor inputs and leaned it out ?? I think you would have to
have a combination of the right mods and conditions for the bigger injectors
to work right. I have used a Snap-on scanner tool to check mine in the past
(which takes a movie or clip of past 99 condition and next 20 after hitting
the button) and have always found a rich condition at wot so a bigger injector
would seem to make it worse.

Another 2 cents
Bill