Y-Pipe and Edelbrock Headers -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 16:20:41 EST

I have the Edelbrocks TES on my 88 6er. I don't know about the newer
V8 applications, but mine are shorties, meaning you keep the factory
Y-pipe. They are ram horn type headers, and they work very nicely... I'm
in love with mine.. now if I can only get that pesky leak to go away =)
You should see some imporvement without headers if you get the
Y-pipe, every little bit helps =)

-mike d.

>>> <BlKV8Dkota@aol.com> 03/25/99 06:56pm >>>
I had a specialty muffler shop replace my muffler with a 3 inch in dual 2
1/2
inch out Flowtech Terminator with duels out the back. I wanted to buy
the JBA
Y-pipe. Will this increase my performance without headers? I remember
while back someone said that the 2 most restrictive parts of the exhaust
were
the muffler and the Y-pipe and the manifolds actually worked pretty
good. If
it will not increase power has anyone used the edelbrock TES headers?
Do they
look like the ram horn ones from JBA or are all the tubes straight down?
Do
these come with a Y-pipe and how much are they?

Josh