Lowering Springs -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 16:34:49 EST

They will work okay, but you'd be beter off getting springs made for your
application. Eibach makes some and the are NICE from what I've heard.
The 6er springs will wear out very quickly under the extra laod of a V8
and may cause alignment problems and you may even bottom out
because the softer springs won't have a progressive damping or
anything to compensate for the decreased travel. IMHO, not a good idea
=)

-mike d.

From:Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com

 I'm having lowering blocks made up for the rear of my '95 and I was
wondering from the ones that have lowered the front of their vehicles if
the springs from the V-6 models from about '90 or older to '96 model 2-by
front springs will work? Or will they be too bouncey. I'm looking for only
about 1 or 1-1/2 inch drop plus a new alignment after installation. Thanx