(no subject)

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 23:34:57 EST

WRONG! The Syclone/Typhoons had automatic tranny's because turbo
charged
engines lose boost every time you push the clutch in to shift. Less
boost is lost with
the automatic...same with the Grand National. If a 5 speed were faster,
the GNX
would have had a 5 speed.

I hate to tell you this, but you're dreaming if you think you can beat a
Syclone with
your 318 powered Dakota (even if it's a rolling start) unless the truck
isn't tuned properly. If he rides the brake the truck will launch
nearly as hard as from a dead
stop. My '87 Grand National was much faster than my R/T and the
Syclones are quicker than my GN. I once beat an '87 GN with my '87
Dodge Shelby Daytona
(which was slower than my R/T) and thougtht I was hot _ _ _ _. But what
I didn't know is the car wasn't tuned right. Those turbo V-6 vehicles
are very sensitive and
can really be dogs if everything isn't just right. But when they're
running right, they
trash most V-8's.

Randy
'98 FR CC R/T