Re: (no subject)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 30 1999 - 02:14:34 EST

At 11:34 PM 3/29/99 , you wrote:
>WRONG! The Syclone/Typhoons had automatic tranny's because turbo
>charged
>engines lose boost every time you push the clutch in to shift. Less
>boost is lost with
>the automatic...same with the Grand National. If a 5 speed were faster,
>the GNX
>would have had a 5 speed.

   I've been tossing around the idea of fabbing up a twin turbocharger
setup on my Dak for a while now. I've got a 5 speed though, and this is an
aspect I haven't considered before. Is this boost thing a problem? Do you
have to spool up the turbochargers with every shift? Would it depend on
the turbocharger? I was thinking of going with a pair of VNT Garretts. I
didn't really notice a problem on my 5 speed 3L twin turbocharged
Mitsubishi. I don't know what turbo was used with that engine though.
(They didn't even offer an auto in that car.) I should think my 318
(eventually a 360) would throw more exhaust at the impellers than a 3 liter
V6. Plus, the variable nozzle setup should help to reduce the lag. ?

  Any volunteers to bankroll this project? ;-)

                                               -Jon-